View Single Post
Old 10-06-2000, 01:46 PM   #4
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

The only other thing I've found that may be considered a "cheat" is with guilds.

Say you have a Rogue that can only join the Thief's guild. If she has enough stats to go for a class change, you can ask for a Samurai quest. By just accepting this quest, she is now eligible for membership in both the Bushi and Wizard guilds.

Now, if you don't want her to be a Samurai now or later, you can cancel the training, and do it again if you like. You will lose some money, but if you used the money cheat, or just stock up a lot if you are squeamish, you will have plenty.

If you see my point here, it is possible to get membership in ALL guilds, and there are 5 of them I've seen so far.

And remember, every level you get, you can train once in EACH guild. If you change class many times with an end goal in mind like I'm doing, say Rogue, Bard, Paladin then Ninja as the final permanent class, you can max out all your stats and some magic abilities. Your characers will be very powerful.

This is simillar to what I did in Wiz 7, where my characters were all fighter classes with maxed out Ninja, Pickpocket, Magic, Firearms and EVERY stat under the sun. And I did this without a money trick.

More stats means more power. You can end up with all fighter classes who KICK ASS in every skill and magic there is. It may take some time, but trust me, when you get in a big battle, its worth it.

This is what enabled me take out all of the Gorrors in Crusaders of the Dark Savant, including the Fiend from 9 Worlds.

Good luck

Scronan