View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 08:18 PM   #78
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
look at Theo Van Gogh (Nephew to Vincent). (do a google search)
Oh please, you have no idea what you're talking about. For one, do you have any idea who Vincent van Gogh was and when he lived????? It's bloody hilarious. Theo was a remote descendent of him, not a nephew, LMAO!

Anyway. Sorry bout that. *wipes tear from eye*
I live in Amsterdam and if there's one group of people I've had zero problems with it's muslims. What Van Gogh's murderer did was horrible but is in no way representative of the muslim population of my country. Oh and why didn't you mention the 800, yes, EIGHT HUNDRED incidents that happened after van Gogh's death? Mosques have been vandalised, Muslims threatened, racism abounds. How barbaric.

Absynthe - damn straight! It is hilarious (if it weren't so sad) that anyone would actually take that load of BS seriously. I won't even deign that statement with further clarification because anyone who does not already feel this way is beyond the capability of understanding anyway. And yes that's a lame debating tactic, but it's true nonetheless.

Chewbacca - I agree. Calling Christians anything like that would NOT have been allowed. But have you reported the post in question? It might be just that it needs to be reported for measures to be taken.

[ 02-08-2005, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]