View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 05:25 PM   #5
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Personally I really enjoyed this game. Graphics aren't the greatest and it does take some getting used but it is a really good game. Good story with a really nice finish. It is tough getting started and in melee you are likely to get whipped alot starting. Once you build up your mana and spells the game gets easier although some of the boss battles are still tough.

Here are some tips on the controls if you do end up playing. I believe it is worth playing through once. I might play it again at some point but it is a linear game.

The only key you need to know is "Esc". I believe there are a few other keys that work (arrow keys, z)but the mouse has been my best friend. Most of the controls seem to be in the top right. In the top right they have the options and below that a list of combat tactics, or spells. For example if you selected the sword icon than a weapon will equip and you can change the weapon by scrolling through them with the arrow keys, you can scroll through food like this to. I believe selecting one of the other icons actually puts away your weapon. Some other tips that it took me to figure out:

"double click the left mouse button on ground" = Run to spot on ground,

"Left Click an enemy during combat" = This brings up his health, as well targets him so your spells are not flying off in the wrong directions or you don't spend much time lining yourself up to fight. After selecting him you can just click "slash", "bash" a spell, or a combo that you created.

There are more than one way in the game to kill enemies. For example different weapons are better on some opponents. Also use your environment, mine trolleys can kill enemies and you do get experience as long as they die.

Oh and don't eat the mushrooms.

[ 01-12-2005, 05:30 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]