View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 02:56 AM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Well I got my copy on Sunday although I've only played for about 3 hours; I know, I'm really not applying myself . I would only have bought the normal edition but the store I got it from only had the Collector's Edition. Nice scam lol, so anyone who wants the game has to pay extra (I assume the CE was more expensive anyway). How delightfully pointless is that coin [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Anyway lots of things I like so far! I love the grass that you walk through. So cool to be wading through long grasses and shrubs and such instead of the wilderness that looks like it has just been freshly mown. Very cool. Also cool that it obscures your view of baddies. Which is also improved by the fact that the 'monster alarm' music doesn't immediately start blaring at you when there's a monster within 20 feet of you. A bit more realistic that wolves and things can actually sneak up on you!

I also really like the way the creatures die, which sounds really ghoulish lol, but I mean the graphics. Like in the starter dungeon when I went over a bridge thing and killed a rat on it, the rat keeled over and then slid off the bridge onto the floor. Looked very realistic. And they don't seem to die the same - depending on how you hit them wolves might end up lying slightly differently when they're dead.

I'm a bit iffy on the fighting system - probably just have to get used to it as I can't just hold down the mouse button while the monster comes at me and release it when they arrive like in Morrowind.

Anyway what do y'all like and not like? [img]smile.gif[/img]