View Single Post
Old 08-30-2001, 10:42 AM   #19
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
Beholders are my most hated. All else there are good tactics - mind flayers use chaotic command and ranged weapons, liches just breach and bash, they always waste their time stops with death spells and true sight, vampires are annoying but again chaotic commands. Beholders are a lottery. Even with the beholder shield and the cloak of mirroring they still petrify and hold at will. This is my third time through and I only killed the bare minimum of beholders, I just can't stand them. Although they do look good when they die - they're there hovering and them just collapse with all their eyes flopping around.
You know, Aelia Jusa, I too hate those dam beholders with their machine gun like spell attacks and I also hate haven to rely on that dam 'shield of Baulduran' to defeat them...seems like cheating to me. So in an attemt to conquer this I cam up with a decent tactic that for the most part will leave your party intact...sometimes. Invisibility 10' radius so you get party members in one shot, hasste them and surround the beholder. Have your mage caste a spell of your choice to do damage(flame arrow works nice) and then hit the 'ai' back on and take him down...then go after those pesky little wannabee beholders

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"