View Single Post
Old 11-07-2000, 08:56 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Vioncia Sucks....the first time ive gotten her she didnt have any good spells......Then she dropped my reputation down by 2 points.....

Here are the facts as to why Viconia is the BEST cleric in the game bar NONE:
She will quickly have access to a lot of good offensive spells such as Flamestrike, Bolt of Glory and Repulse Undead, just to name a few. and Chaotic Commands is such a good spell to use against baddies who try to dominate, confuse or panic you.
She levels up a lot more quickly than Jaheira or Aerie who are both multiclass. Outfitted with the right equipment (don't want to spoil you) she is a better fighter than either of those two as Armisael and BaatoRyan said and her dex of 19 means with the right armor you can get her AC down to -8 or -9.
her magic resistance of 65% is something you will thank her for when your party gets chaosed because more likely than not she won't be.
the practical benefit of a rep of 17 as opposed to 19 is only a 10% reduction in the base price of an item. You will be rolling in gold soon anyway and cost will not be an issue. Your problem will probably be keeping your rep from reaching 19 otherwise you lose her.
she is PERSONALITY PLUS and she is a SEX BOMB!

I rest my case.

BTW re your other question: you'll know if it's a good roster as you keep on playing. That's part of the fun of the game, you'll know how to structure your party according to your playing style.