View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 06:57 AM   #8
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Default Re: Using tactics settings

On every character, I have a Self--Health < 25%, use healing pot (for tank I set to use most powerful, for casters, least powerful as they don't have enough HP to justify using the big ones).

The next one for mages is Ally < 50% then Heal (I take heal on all my mages). If I'm using two mages together, I might set one to Ally (or just Tank) < 75% so they aren't always healing the same person at the same time.

I set my tank to use knockdown/stun attacks on nearest enemy or enemy health > X. I save Taunt for manual use so that it's not in cooldown when I actually need it.

For Rogue, Self--being attacked by melee, Dirty Fighting is a good one to have after Self-heal pot

For an archer, enemy, using magic, Arrow of Slaying (or Pinning Shot in early levels). Otherwise, just attack Tank's target.

For Morrigan, I like Self, attacked by melee, Mind Blast. I tend to fire off her single target, ranged CC spells at the beginning of a battle, so Mind Blast is the most likely to still be ready to cast if she gets targeted.

On my mages, I've experimented with assigning single target spells like Winter's Grasp or Arcane Bolt to either high or low HP enemies. High HP enemies results in them spreading their damage around too much (and WG doesn't stun often enough or for long enough for that to be useful). Using it on low HP enemies, or tank's target often results in hitting an enemy that could be killed with one staff bolt or stab with your spell--waste of mana and cool down timer. I quickly learned not to set up a tactic to auto drink mana pots, as you then quickly run out of pots. A lot of them get wasted when the fight is down to 1-2 remaining foes that could easily be handled by the fighters plus staff bolts from the mages.

My new approach to mages is to set some highly specific scripts for spell use--mostly just cast on magic users. That keeps them from burning through their mana too quickly, and I just control them directly to fire off their AOE spells, or target their CC spells.

If the fight is easier, I won't bother with the mages, and they'll just staff bolt and heal by default.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote