Thread: Eminem: Encore
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 03:33 AM   #12
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Sigmar, you're sounding like masses, seems like you're jumping on the bandwagon blindly shouting about how good Illmatic was and nothing else of Nas's. I agree that Illmatic has some great rhyming, but the beats are boring - there are some much better ones on his later albums. Stillmatic was a good album, with some good lyrics AND beats. God's Son has some brilliant songs. I Am has good songs, and even Nastradamus has some real gems, such as "Last Words". People don't often mention that album, but I love this verse from Last Words:, brilliant metaphors, similes...poetry [img]smile.gif[/img]

--SICK lyrics ------

sorry, the person who typed that, doesn't know what commas are [img]tongue.gif[/img]
anyway, errr...back to Eminem

Heh, Nate Dogg rules in "'Till I collapse".

As for Nas, I don't have all of his albums (just Illmatic and Stillmatic) but I've heard enough of the others to know that none of them flow as well as "Illmatic".

So maybe the other albums have better single tracks, but as a more consistant and listenable experience it's gotta be Illmatic. Personally there are few albums I can listen from beginning to the end without skipping a couple of tracks on the way, this is one of them, it just moves from one song to the next so well. As for the boring beats, I think it actually works with Nas's vocals personally!

But I agree it was stupid of me to claim that he's done nothing good since "Illmatic", 'cause that simply isn't true. But he hasn't done anything special, if you know what I mean. Any rapper can throw out a good song once in a while, it takes a great one to be consistent. IMO he hasnb't turned it around. Sucks to have one of the greatest albums of all time as one of your first albums!

...those lyrics were nice btw, might have to check the album out (reminds me of the Rock band Creed! )

----------