Thread: Euro 2004
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2004, 06:36 PM   #8
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Johnny- I saw the Dutch game against Ireland they were pretty poor and lets not forget it was an under strength Irish side. But I believe the Dutch will have a good Euro 2004 though, simply because they have so many good players, experienced players who I believe will deliver on the big occasion. One of my favorite players of all time is Philip Cocu. I just think he's an excellent player, very underated! I hear he's going back to PSV pity, Man U could have used him for a season or two. I've always liked the Dutch so I hope they do well...

Germany though are terrible at the moment, but they were before the last world cup and got to the final, they know how to play in Tournaments. In their recent friendlies as you mentioned they lost 5-1 against Romania, beat Switzerland 2-0(thought Germany were very lucky the Swiss were the better team) and lost 2-0 at home to Hungary. Not very impressive!

But as I always say to fans of the big national teams who aren't doing so well at the moment you could always be from Northern Ireland! We are so bad we didn't score a goal in ten matches!

Overall though I want Portugal to win I really like their style of football...