View Single Post
Old 05-04-2001, 12:40 PM   #1
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

I've been doing a lot of interesting reading on life lately. Perhaps it's my mid-life crisis and I'm looking for ways to improve myself and my perceptions, I don't know. Anyway, there are a few things I've read in the last few days that really 'spoke' to me and that I want to share.

Comments or additions are welcome from anyone. Hopefully these won't sound 'trite' to you all. But my biggest hope is that you will share what speaks to you!

-------------------------- Acceptance -----------------------------
The need for acceptance is number one. We want to feel valued, desired, and welcomed. We want to feel people seek us out not because we had to earn their attention, but just because of who we are.

-------------------------- Hugs -----------------------------------
A hug can ground you. Pull you back from the edge. Or out of your head. Into a circle of arms and the sturdy comfort of the present.

Language is a skin, and so is skin a language. It speaks when words fail us and communicates to parts of ourselves that are beyond the reach of words. The simple fact is that we are, first and foremost, mammals. We thrive on touch.

A hug is an occasion of triumph, not tragedy. It's message is, "You're one of us! You're home."

--------------------------- Life --------------------------
Life's greatest lesson is to do your best, enjoy the journey, and then release all attachment to what is to come. Let it be. And be comfortable with whatever is.

That last one, life, is something I want to tattoo on my arm so I can be reminded of it every minute of every day!

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Happy Member of Fast Fourward.