Thread: Guns.
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2002, 08:36 PM   #72
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Originaly posted by:the new JR Jansen
Quote:
Ok then don't take a submachine gun, take a desert eagle for instance. If, and that's what you are talking about, want to use a gun in self defence, wich i condone mind you, how powerfull does it need to be ? I mean, in most situations, you will not be far from your target. A normal pistol does enough damage to stop someone like that. The point i'm making is not that i'm against trained, stable individuals having a gun, i'm only trying to make clear that it doesn't have to be a very powerfull gun. The fact that they are legal is the proof. Those should be outlawed, even if not many people own such a gun.
I own a desert eagle and I resent you malighning my beautifull chrome plated weapon!! Besides, It has 3 sets of interchangeable barells and components to make it either a .22 cal,a .44mag, or a .50cal. If you take that into accout then a Desert Eagle isnt realy all that powerfull because you can barely get through a soda can with a .22 cal gun. On the other hand , if someone breaks into your house and your gonna shoot them wouldnt you want a .50cal gun to make sure they didnt get back up after you shot them? I mean if your going to shoot someone dont you want to do it right the first time? Besides that , a shot gun loaded with a slug will do WAYYYYYYY more damage than even the most powerfull hand gun , and IF I am remembering correctly shot guns are legal through most of europe.

[ 05-20-2002, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: The Hunter of Jahanna ]