View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 03:00 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: What book are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelia Jusa View Post
I didn't know anything about the author or the book but I've been trying to be more broad with my reading choices in the last couple of years. I used to have trouble choosing books to buy because there are so many in the bookstore and it's hard to know what will be interesting when you only have the blurb and I am quite indecisive, so I would just buy authors I knew or read books other people had recommended. So I've read some so-so books but also some books I've loved with my new adventurous book choosing policy.
Yeah, I've been trying doing the same thing for a while. Every times I go buy books, I always buy one of two picked pretty much at random from the SF/Fantasy section. So far I've been pleasantly surprised with what I got. Do you use the covers to decide what to try too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchke View Post
The Great Hunt (Book 2 in the Wheel of Time)
So how are you liking the series so far? I thought the first one had a lord of the ring feel to it, especially the "leaving a small village in the middle of the night pursued by something evil" part. The second one is more original, it's one of most people's favorite in the series.