View Single Post
Old 08-11-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

G'day everyone, I'm in Boston now!! Arrived last night at about 7pm after a marathon flight from Sydney - I reckon I was on the road for about 30 hours including waiting time.

So far the city looks great, what little I've seen of it. Reminds me more of Melbourne than Sydney with all the old Victorian buildings. I checked out my university (Babson College) today and geez the campus looks beautiful! Am meeting up with a bunch of people in my class tomorrow night to get on the turps at some pub in Boston.

Did a wee bit of driving around to get a feel for suburbs, tomorrow I'll check out some apartments. The rental car company boffins were supposed to give me a midsize car as I didn't want a big one, but they screwed up and upgraded me to a Chrysler Pacifica - a seven seater SUV beast. It's MASSIVE!!!! Bloody hard to drive and see where the end is.

Anyway, I will be sporadically online depending on how this wireless network at my hotel holds up, it's been on and off for much of today.

Chewy, we should probably catch up next week if you're free mate, I'll be a bit more settled by then hopefully.

One more thing - it's bloody hot here today - 100 F (whatever that is in C). I thought it was supposed to be cold here??

[ 08-22-2005, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote