View Single Post
Old 04-24-2004, 09:26 AM   #9
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

their stoneskin, magical so blocked..

It is possible to take down the shadow dragon with a starting party..

You need at least two half good tank's, I'd recomend the harper scum, as she's expendable and one of the demented rangers... Nalia make's a good spell slinger, aire fill's out healing and can double as a roadblock with stoneskin and so on..

Rounding out with the great and powerfull edwin (Edwina is slightly better shhh)

have charname sit back and watch the show, or help out if you want the NPC's to live... I normaly bring a bard to the party, but I'll start generaly.

You want spell's that boost moral first and formost, remove fear from aire is cheepest since you want the other's to have spell's in them slots.

Then you want bless, chant, and stoneskins on anyone who can cast it.

Enter the dragon's lair, and start summoning from all your caster's, make sure to summon them behind the dragon and have your tank's to the front either side but not attacking...

the dragon should spot the summon's and attack, quickly cast doom, magic missle, breach and get your tank's to attack.. Just keep the summon's behind the dragon and it should go after them mostly, the wing buffet's missing your chars..

Keep mages blasting fire arrow's and magic missles... You want to send minsc bezerk pretty early in the fight..

The harper want's to be stocked with heal spell's, don't waste many healing potion's on her.

Mages want to have a number of healing potion's in case they catch any flak.

Remember to read the info window, if the dragon has stoneskins up you'll need to breach before your tank's can do any damage, if your summon's die you'll soon start losing party members, so keep at them comming, skellys are pretty good since they melee, monster summoning 1 can do but rember they will die faster.

Expect to lose a couple of party members, it's not easy to take down a dragon, or it'd be dead already.