View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 10:35 AM   #1
Lymond
Manshoon

Arrow

I completed the temple quest, using the stone that allows you to walk right by the Dragon. On the way out, though, right after a quick save, I had to take him on. It didn't last long, because five out of six party members were almost immediately hopeless (I think- that orange face thing) and the one clear minded fighter wasn't able to scratch the Dragon, and soon died.

So what do people do about this guy? I'm on chapter three, so I imagine that later in the game, it would be an easier fight. Do people return to take him down? Or is it one of those things you just leave alone? The xp must be pretty good, and, you know, he's a dragon, so I'm looking for a fight.

One thing I'd like to try is casting protection from magic on him, before he turns hostile. Is that cheesy? I almost think it is, but I read about it related to the lich. That's not how I defeated the lich, but it seems to me, from a role-playing standpoint, that if you're a party of adventurers, you're going to hang around places where you meet other adventurers (like the Ironworks). In doing so, some guy is going to say, "Hey, I beat a lich once by casting protection from magic on him." Now here I am in a different situation thinking another magical creature may have the same weakness. But is it a weakness or a loophole in the game? A weakness I don't mind exploiting, but I'll avoid it if it's a loophole.

Lymond