View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 10:34 AM   #5
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by SirWillow:
Coming back to the game again after a couple of years away, and starting to read up on all of the fixes, mods, and other things that have taken place that I haven't tried.

Being the paranoic that I am, I'm wondering how many of these mods, fixpacs, and other things that I should install or consider, and what the chances are that they might break the game at some point that I'm not expecting. What I've picked up so far, I should definitly do the following:

1. Official patch
2. BG2 Fixpack Beta
3. BG2 Tweaks

As for the other mods, I'm reading about a couple of others that seem to be popular, but reading the fixpack notes, there may be a couple of incompatibilities also. So what I'm wondering is, are there other mods out there that I should definitly look at, "must haves", that aren't going to cause other bugs, lockups, or problems- especially on the original part of the game?

OH, and silly question- any way to get the bonus items without the bonus cd? I used to have it long ago, but that copy of the game is long since lost and I'm having to use a new copy of the game I just bought.
Well.....#2 does say it's a Beta, so it may be buggy. Other than that, go with BG2 Unfinished Business. It ties up the loose ends and broken/abandoned quests you didn't/couldn't do the first time thru.
A good rule of thumb when choosing Mods,,,,pick ones that are in v3 or higher..usually by then all the *game stoppers*(if any) have been fixed.

Now for standard rant:
Rant ON-- I would avoid any mods that make the game MORE difficult. If you have ToB installed, then, IMO, the ending is VERY much difficult enough. Rant OFF.

Also, I would avoid the "unlimited strongholds" component. If you accept every stronghold available,,you will be a micro-managing FOOL. Especially the Thief and Bard strongholds.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote