View Single Post
Old 12-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

DO NOT READ ON IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE ENDING...

Was I the only one who thought the ending was a bit ordinary and rushed? I mean, rocks falling on me? Where's my glorious return to Crossroad Keep after an epic battle with a demigod? I hope this is because we may be able to use our OCs for any expansions that come out. And the narration seemed out of character with the game - sounded like some kid blandly reading a newspaper. No emotion at all!

The battle was ok - I only lost Qara from my team. Which was a shame as I'd been using her more than Sand. Obviously I'd lost Bishop earlier than that, but he didn't fight me. Still, it didn't markedly change the course of the battle (considering you're prompted on what you have to do to beat the KoS). The betrayal was an interesting plot device, though I only lost Qara as I said - if I had been using Qara, Neeshka and Bishop as my party throughout the game and lost them all I would probably not have been all that impressed with it! I liked the way that Bishop's betrayal was handled, less so with Qara and the others - seemed a bit out of character to do so right at the death. Would have been good to see Qara giving "hints" about what was to come, without being explicit.

Great game, I loved the whole buildup to the Crossroad Keep seige and loved the feeling of directing a big battle, but the ending was a bit of a letdown for me. The pacing in Acts 1, 2 and the first half of 3 was very good, but after porting into Merdelain it just seemed rushed and a hackfest.

Comments?

[ 12-07-2006, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote