View Single Post
Old 02-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #45
spydar

Quote:
Originally posted by Arledrian:
I couldn't live without the spice of life that is different partners. Take that away from someone and I think you rob them of one of the most fundamental needs there is. Human beings are so innately curious and always craving more, always wanting what they can't have. I'm no different. I've been in several fairly long relationships, but honestly, the thought of sticking with one person for a long time scares me. Even so, you do learn a lot of things in being with someone. At the end of the day though, I'd always prefer to be free, to be able to go and do as I please. I dislike having someone to answer to and honestly, I get bored if I'm stuck in the same rut for too long.

I can't even see myself getting married or having children, at least not for a very long time. I'm sure this will change as I age, but for now, I'm happy to mingle.
at the risk of sounding like a Hallmark card, you know it's right when you don't feel obligated, when you don't feel you have to "answer" to someone. I have always been a fiercely independent chick, always despised the thought of "belonging" to someone, and always equated a serious relationship with obligation and responsibility. now that I'm actually in a good and healthy relationship I WANT to see him every chance I get, I WANT to do nice things, I WANT to be ridicuously and grossly involved. it's weird, and insanely scary, but at the same time a very comfortable feeling. and yes, I do want to slap myself as I type this, but that's just the independent chick in me.

and just to appease the 4 years I've spent studying primate (yes we are primates) mating and social behaviour (which we do reflect in many many ways), humans are traditionally a monogamous species. we're a weird lot, many of our *ahem* physical traits would suggest a polygamous species, and yet our behaviour (for the most part) reflects a monogamous mating strategy.

sorry about all that useless info, I just got home from a monkey class...stupid school...