View Single Post
Old 10-23-2002, 10:35 AM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
$500 hammers and $2000 toilet lids really tick me off , but I believe the recent 11% increase in the defense budget is justified.

With everything that's going on in the world it doesn't seem unreasonable, although I can't argue it on a "line for line" basis.

I was especially glad to hear that the defense increase actually includes a 4 plus percent salary increase for the men and women of the armed services.
Ron as I pointed out to him before, those $500 hammers were from the 70's era defense appropriations procedures that had government beauraucrats writing specs and having it illegal for the military to buy Commercial Off the shelf parts. Those issues have been mostly dead for more than 20 years (thanks to Reagan). I wish people would quit bitching about something that has been fixed for a nearly a quarter century.[/QUOTE]thank you for saving me the time of pointing that out Magik [img]smile.gif[/img]