Thread: Charisma
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 10:22 AM   #19
Tancred
White Dragon

It's an old post of mine, this, but it seems apt - and when have I ever needed an excuse to re-use old posts? This, from a discussion into the theory that Charisma can affect the reward you earn for quests and monsters...

OK. Imagine these two scenarios...
'I am an Orc. I am drinking some beer. Oh no! Here come some Heroes! Better charge forward and fight them. Gee, that guy in the lead is a cool dude. What a hairdo! He's killed two of my friends, but I don't mind. What a joy to fight this guy. ARGH! He's cut me in half with a stylish backhand swipe! What a guy... I hope he puts my gold to good use. Urk.'

Now:

'I am an Orc. I am drinking some beer. Oh no! Here come some Heroes! Better charge forward and fight them. Sheesh, that guy in the lead smells. Couldn't he have worn some NICE clothes? Hey, he's killed two of my friends with an underhand backstab! I HATE this guy! ARGH! He's cut me in half when I wasn't looking! What a scumbag! Right, with my dying strength I'll throw what little gold I have into the river. I hope all the others do the same. Urk.'

Scientific proof! Charisma really does affect your gold income.