View Single Post
Old 05-14-2001, 08:43 AM   #68
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Um. No. Well, partly! 'Cos I believe it. But mostly in Jesus' humble opinion!
He NEVER called himself god. Said he was the SON of god. Apostles and disciples never called him god, either, only SON of god. In fact, nowhere in the bible is Jesus called god, except in one place, where the original Greek makes clear that he was 'with god and the Word was a god. This one was in the beginning with god.' The words in Greek used for god here were 'ton theon'=the god, (referring to God) and 'theos'=a god (referring to Jesus).
Obviously, the son of god would BE a god, but not THE god. (all info taken from the footnote to John 1:1. Nothing to do with me, lol!)
Sheesh! I think I shall stay out of this thread from now on. I'm giving lessons in the bible and I'm an ATHEIST, for pete's sake!

hehe, well youīre not alone. I too have read the Bible and I have read alot of religions I donīt believe in. This is to get better understanfing in them and to know how to not make a complete fool of yourself. It is also good to get rid of many of the "free-churches-maniac-house-callers" that has an unchristian early timing .. (OK, sorry guys, couldnīt help myself)

None the less, since I have made an ameateur hobby of Occultism (the bible is seen as this in countries not christian) I found religion and beliefs fascinating. Sometimes I thnk that generaly most people need faith in well almost anything, it is an anchor like many that is more philosophic have their "belief" in that their philosophy is right for them. Religion or no religion, we all believe in something in the crude end.

One thing I donīt like is to be told to believe in this or that. I respect people that have beliefs, I might judge some persons due to their beliefs, mainly cause I might have had bad outcomes with most of that belief, but that is human ok. I try to judge peopl for who the are or appear to be. And i would like to be treated that way myself. (Confusius anyone?)

Well. The bible is a criticle point to make decisions on (ok sorry if I donīt make sense but Iīm trying to ) since it was written down many centuries after it was told for the first time, and there are alot of different ones that claims to have the "true original one" Espacially tough when talking to Cabbalists and numerolists that needs to have every word correct to base their thesis of. (Hence the misunderstanding of the word 666, in some it is 606 or 601 all depending about the words in the human creation. Thats right, not the number of the beast, the beast has that number in his head in the oo someone help, book of revelations??? when he appears because satan was prisoned in earth to some thinkers..)

OK, sorry for the rumbling.

Well, er did take some steps both to left and right here eh??

------------------

WOLF WINS EVERY FIGHT BUT ONE, AND IN THAT ONE, HE DIES
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote