View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 12:47 AM   #3
mad=dog

Hi,
In cabling with multiple legs there is always one to be specifically marked - leg number 1 (the one that's always there [img]smile.gif[/img] )
The HDD, FDD, Reset and Power LEDs along with internal speaker and posibly also onbaord temperature measurers all have those weird flat black one-line connectors. On these leg number 1 is marked with a small arrow halfway up on one of the sides. Examine them carefully and you will locate it - it's a small triangle.
Now of the motherboard corresponding connectors should be clearly indicated on the print. These will also bear an indication to leg number 1. Simply connect 1 to 1 on the correct connectors.

Remember:
1) Remove all power - don't just switch off (which you can't on ATX standard)
2) Discharge by placing a hand briefly on the casing.
3) Make sure everything is properly connected before you switch on.
4) Don't tear your computer up unless you have a gullible insurance company.

A small "resting current" in parts of the print will not kill the system - it's far worse. It can potentially ruin data or stall the computer over time. Always discharge.