View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: The Special Effects in "I am number four"

Thanks for the replies. So, blinking is a better term, then? I like that better than teleportation because teleportation to me is too akin to what Trekkies understand...blinking in rapid succession during a fight sequence leaving puffs of smoke here and there, man...I want to see that battle again! I was waiting the whole movie just for that last part because I'd seen it in the trailers.

So, to give you some more info on the movie, #4 is an alien who has become old enough to start getting his powers. He inherited them from his parents, or something. There are others like him who are the last of their kind. They have body guards to protect them while they're kids. What #4's body guard cannot do is protect this teen from wanting to live like other teens and hang out with girls and stuff. That gets him noticed by a lot of people, notably the bad guys. Good thing is...by the time the bad guys have tracked him down, he's old enough to start getting some powers. So far, he has this ability to shine light from his hands and can send blasts of energy or something to knock things around. (He's also strong and acrobatic now). What really got me and made me sit up and take notice was when #6 reveals to him that his "weapon" can actually be used to help her do her job better, and then I realize that oh my gosh! His hot girlfriend cannot compete with another hot chick who happens to appear as though she and he were meant to be together, fighting as a fantastic team because they together do so much better than either alone. To watch them fight together, you'd swear they were supposed to be together...it's crazy!