View Single Post
Old 08-26-2001, 05:05 PM   #30
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Legolas the Elven Archer:

In any case, I think the archer is one of the better un-dual or -multiclassed kits in the game, and a lot of fun as well.
SPOILER
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Oh, I'm playing one now (if you add ToB before you start a new character in SoA, an elf can go to 19 int and 21 dex!). My elven archer (with the aforementioned 21 dex) blasts everything into nonexistence. I gave him the Helm of Vhailor (simulacrum 1/day) to create another copy of him, then beat up the shadow dragon in one try, with only Anomen losing any significant hp (down to 50%). He gets 5 shots per round with a THACO of -6. This drops to -8 with a Chant, or lower if you use magical arrows (add Improved Haste to get 10 attacks per round; who needs Whirlwind attack? ). Both him and the simulacrum were hitting the dragon 4 or 5 times a round each (using just regular haste, not improved), for around 10 points of damage each hit. We took down his stoneskin before Aerie ever got her breach spell cast! The only restriction is, as you said, the lack of higher-level enchanted arrows. Otherwise, they are mobile artillery pieces!

------------------

Death is only the beginning...