View Single Post
Old 05-18-2002, 07:48 PM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

OK... A friend bought me Baldur's Gate - The Original Saga. I figured, "Haven't played for a while, dump the old version and install the spiffy new one." {Hated the multiple CDs and patches for the 1st}

Anyhow, damned thing keeps crashing back to my desktop. I thought this version was fully patched. To make matters more irritating, I cannot find an active site with a patch for the "Original Saga." Any clues, folks?

Next, again, it's been a while. Despite the crashes to the desktop, I'm muddling through. Saved/earned enough coin to buy some good stuff at the Thunderhammer Smithy. I can't recall, is there another set of full plate mail to be bought, stolen or looted off a corpse anywhere else? Because of their annoyingly low strength numbers, Jaheira and Khalid have Ankeg plate (one forged/bought from the shell, the other found). Imoen has the Shadow Armor and, I protected my sorry butt with the full plate. Minsc is wearing plate mail and taking a lot more hits than I. I'd like to get him in full plate as I fear Boo might "take one" for the big fella.

Now, the RANT!!! (SPOILER)
If my fighter character is the progeny of a god, why in the wide, wide world of the Forgotten Realms do BOTH Khalid and Jaheira have more stinking hit points than I??? I still don't know diddly about D&D, AD&D or even A&D ointment... I do, however, know enough to be offended by the twit and his whining wench being able to take more damage than me... There.... I said it... don't feel any better, though... makes Gatekeeper look appealing, though