View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 10:06 AM   #33
MagiK

[quote]Originally posted by Rikard_OHF:
Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
[qb] You'll be suprised how little the USA really spends on keeping alive those people if you compare it to the amount of money now spend to kill them all the future. Most European countries, especially from the EU, spend way more then the USA on charity and the development of third world countries, relative to the money they get from taxes etc.
Rikard, you only told half the statement...the EU is/was able to spend so little on defense because they were depending on the US to take care of them. As for our military Budget, it is less than 14% of the total, The US spends more on welfare and combined charities and foreign aid. The EU spends a higher percentage maybe on charities but the US still outspends and out gives all the rest of the world combined...according to the UN reports from fiscal year 2000 (the last one I read) So all in all what you said is meaningless.

I will note, that immigrants that I have taked to who have tried living in europe, in Germany, France, Greece, Italy and England have all commented on how rotten immigrants are treated there compared to here, these people are now successful americans (they are part of a small business owners group here in the DC area..it is great to hear their stories of success) who tried making a go of it in Europe and were rejected. There is a reason why the country everyone seems to be trying to get to is the US and not the EU. Maybe when you get it all organized it will change..but right now the Eu is not a friendly place for immigrants.

P.S. Im not bashing those countries, Im just relaying what some small business owners here have related. I personally have never tried to survive in any of them as an immigrant.