Thread: Guns.
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2002, 05:15 PM   #244
MagiK

OOPS! I should have read Moiraines and Epona's posts before responding to Ar-Cunin.....Apparently I suffered another translation error on my part, Ar-Cunin, I apologize for thinking you were associating McVei with the Right Wing political groups...apparently from the context....what you in europe call the far right, we here in the US call radical extremists. We sort of label conservative and liberal political groups here as Right and left and those nut jobs are not usually associated with either. So I do apologize for misunderstanding you.

Moiraine! Lovely post and it helped me understand a bit. I do know what was eventually done for the Jewish people after the war [img]smile.gif[/img] right now we are trying to make sure they get to keep the Land that The UK gave to them for their home. [img]smile.gif[/img] I think that was a really good thing to do by the way, Im just sad to see the muslims whning about the Jewish homeland since Jordan, Egypt, Syria and Lebanon all slaughtered their fair share of palistinians to get them out of their own countries. any hooooo I see what you are saying, but my basic philosophy tends toward smaller government and less government interference in my life, The US constitution is the document we live by here and what many people forget is that it does not tell the people what they can and cannot do...the US constitution is a document LIMITING Government. It places strict limits on the kinds of laws that government can pass...and to a degree our own government has subverted that document to a large degree.

After all that rambeling...Im not sure what I would do about a major Neo-Nazi movement..as long as they are not actually comitting violence or inciting riots, I would allow them to say what they will unless it was libelous or slander, talk is cheap. On the other hand if they were to gain enough power to actually change laws of equality and anti-discrimination....it is scary to think about. Sorry your electorate forced such a choice on you Moiraine....makes you kind of wonder where some peoples heads are