View Single Post
Old 10-22-2001, 11:28 PM   #6
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Drenched in perspiration and breathing weakly, she closes her eyes and lays on the floor, exhausted. ~ The taste of blood again… funny how I haven't gotten used to it … after… all… this… while… ~ She flutters her eyes open as she hears footsteps approaching the door ~ It won't be too long now, Father and Mother… it wasn't an easy way out… I meant to be strong… but now… ~ Her eyes close again. ~

~ The door swings open and she hears muffled cries - "Heavens! What has happened here?!" and "No time to lose, Fabian! Don't move her; leave her alone!" ~ Fabian?… I must be dreaming…Fabian is far, far away… as is he ~ she smiles weakly at the thought ~ Frowns as she hears repetitive chanting ~ I wish they'd stop that… it's giving me a headache… ~ A tremendous spurt of energy rushes into her body and she finds herself completely rejuvenated. ~

~ "Mistral! What on earth have you been doing to yourself?" ~ She turns towards the direction of the voice and gives a start ~ It is Fabian!… and Delphine! ~ She breaks into a smile ~ "What are you doing here?" ~

~"Rescuing your life, of course." ~ Fabian grins back with characteristic charm, surveying the carnage that has just taken place ~ "You summoned all these creatures?" ~ Points to the crumpled sword spiders, invisible stalkers and skeleton warriors lying on the ground ~ "Why would you do that?" ~

~"Just thought I'd train myself up… you know, get the experience, become more powerful and all that." ~ she replies jokingly, adding silently ~ Besides, this is the best distraction I can think of… ~ "But seriously, why are you and Delphine here? I welcome you both, of course, but do let me know if you require any assistance." ~

~ "We are in fact here to ask you the very same question." ~ Delphine's merry voice tinkles ~ "We were passing by this very morning, and heard that there was now a new mistress to the House of Freelight. Well, when we realised that it was yourself, we couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet you!" ~ She giggles gaily ~ "You will let us stay, won't you? We'll be your loyal subjects." ~

~ Mistral's face brightens at the thought ~ "Of course! You may stay for as long as you wish to… but I must warn you that our men are not strong in numbers. Ever since my father became a fallen paladin, the numbers have dwindled. The remaining troops consist of loyalists." ~

~ Fabian waves his hand dismissively ~ "Have no fear! Fabian is here, and shall take charge of all military matters for you. It would be an honour to serve the fairest maiden in these parts of the world." ~