View Single Post
Old 10-22-2001, 11:09 PM   #4
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

~ Time is passing much too slowly for me ~ She sighs, fiddling with the ribbons of her ivory-toned robe. Abruptly, she stops and frowns ~ This is ridiculous! It's totally unlike me to play with ribbons! What would the Matron Mother say to that? ~ Her fingers trace a bulge in the robe ~ What's this?… why, it's some souvenir from Spree's palace! ~

~Tearing the parchment into smaller pieces, she picks up the quill, dips it in the ink and begins composing a letter ~

My dearest Kaz,

Do not blame me for leaving you so soon after we became sisters. My heart is still with you, and I wish for more than anything else to be by your side at your time of need. But it cannot be; not for the moment, at least. I am too confused and afraid. Be assured that I do not run from you, my sister… no, I run from another. When my heart is settled, I shall follow you to the depths of the earth, if need be. I pray that you receive this letter once you emerge from the sea-elven palace. Mystra be with you always, Kaz. I know we will meet again soon. M.

~ The sound of a hawk's wings flapping vigorously brings a smile to her lips ~ Good girl, Isabeau… ~ She rolls up the parchment, walks over to the window and ties it to her familiar's right ankle with string . ~ "Wait, Isabeau!" ~ She curses as the hawk takes off immediately. Desperately, she closes her eyes and mutters ~ "To Kaz, Isabeau… to Kaz and no one else! Especially not him…" ~

~ Another thought occurs to her ~ The Matron Mother would not have liked me writing such letters, either… ~ Wearily, she walks away from the study . ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-22-2001).]