View Single Post
Old 11-05-2001, 11:27 AM   #13
Tim Tam
Dungeon Master

I could have sworn sequencers and contingencies used to only let you have 1 each, regardless of the type. I checked it out though and Dundee is right, I dont know whether it is because of ToB or a patch along the way, or maybe my memory playing tricks on me. This of course changes everything. Ill have to take every sequencer now, but Im still not taking Contingency.

I thought GoI only stopped damage spells, if it prevents Secret Word as well then Ill have to remove it from my picks and waste another spell remover to rid enemy mages Spell Shields. Emotion can have a go instead.

I dont use Wizard Eye for a scout so much as to allow me to see what my Projected Image is doing as I cant move when I cast that. It's pretty good cannon fodder too.

I forgot all about Prot from Magic Energy before, it lets me cast my skull traps right on top of myself without fear of damage and has a nice duration too. Still no need for Sunfire. Ill get ProtME over Mislead, which is useless when you have Staff of Magi, unless you cheese it.

It just doesnt feel right to play without Breach [img]smile.gif[/img] I prefer my skellies to be able to hit mages, dragons and liches without waiting 4 rounds or more while being beat down.

Im getting Spellstrike now, so no need for Pierce Shield. Im taking your advice re the spell Wish, but it had better give me good options when I need them.

I use the Freedom and Imprisonment combo in a party. Its quite useful to be able to ignore the strongest enemy until everyone else has been taken care of and you can then rest or prepare properly. Many tough critters arent so tough when you can fight them solo on your terms.