View Single Post
Old 05-26-2004, 12:46 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Sun and stone spells are not magic realms native to a ranger - only vine is.

For a character to be able to learn magic spells from a non-native class he or she must have twice the level of the spell he or she wants to learn in the realm in question.

I.e. for your ranger to learn a level 6 stone spell he or she must have level 12 stone magic and so forth. That means if you are to learn level 7 spells in a non-native school you must have the enlightenment trait. But that is only availabel to zenmasters, and they can learn all spell schools anyway.

So my suggestion is: get the vine spells you need immediately and then change to a character class that can learn either stone or sun magic. That way you will be able to get the spells. Once your character has learned fletchery that character will still have the trait even if he or she is no longer a ranger. That means you can still make money unless the character changes to a warlock since a warlock cannot equip bows which is necessary for the fletchery trait to work. And since the warlock is your best bet if you want to acquire sun and stone spells that does create a problem. I hope you find a plan that works. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 05-26-2004, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]