View Single Post
Old 01-31-2002, 06:52 PM   #7
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Nydlari:

Has anyone been able to get 6 to run under Win2000? While I was waiting for Wiz 8 to arrive, I dug out my old Wiz Archive CD and tried to install 6 & 7 to play them through, but the only game on the CD I could get to work was Gold (Which is a kinda annoying version of 7).
I tried the standard install of mo-slow and everything suggested in the install booklet, but nothing seemed to work.

I run Wiz 6 on Win ME, but I do that with a boot disk, just create one on your own, or have ME do it in the control panel, then choose "minimal boot" when you reboot the machine. Everything works fine. though the MoSlo can make it run slower than you'd like... you can choose your running % by doing moslo bane.com -33 (for 33% speed... my 800MHz machine it likes to do 12% and that's too slow)

(edit: I forgot, you're on Win2K, so I'm not sure about a boot disk, since it's NTFS... But, you could always get a copy of Windows 98 and do a Dual Boot... it's not that tough to do, and if you have the Hard Disk space, should actually be useful)

Also for people wanting to buy the archives, go to Ebay. They're always on there... and if you can't find someone auctioning it, look at the Ebay Seller "Bubbastores" he has his own ebay store out of Philly and he sells copies of it from there for $14 (plus shipping). More than bargain bin stuff, but I haven't been able to see it anywhere else.

And yeah, if you get it and you're running ME, Win2k or XP, you'll have to do the boot disk thing to run Wiz 1-7 (gold works okay on Windows but it's annoying, I'd rather do Wiz 7 on Dos... Maybe I'll get another PC to put 98 on.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: GenXCub ]