Thread: smoking
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 11:12 AM   #16
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i realise paladin that smokers have a right to smoke, but...do they really need to smoke where i am eating? the smoke gets into my own system while i am trying to eat and it can make me sick. i have had to fight morning sickness numerous time because of cigarette smoke.

also...most here know i attend our local food bank once a month. is tand in line with other people whoa re as broke as we are. or are they? at least 1/2 of the young adults (18-30) standing in line there are smoking. how can one afford cigarettes but not food? why are they there knowing full well their money could be better spent. my mom used to spend $30 a week on cigarettes for herself alone. even if these people are only spending half of that (doubtful since they are not rolled cigs which are much much cheaper) they could be buying food for themselves with that money. and yeh they may still need the foodbank after that, but...they would need it less and be better off all around nad possibly even be able to get off assitance altogether someday. save money, etc. no these people demand their right to smoke,a dn smoke in line outside the food bank as i hold my children and try my best not to throw up because they can't bother to go more than 5 feet away fromt he line.