View Single Post
Old 01-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Polyclay, huh? Is that anything like Polyjuice? [img]smile.gif[/img] And what's the link to your CafePress site, Wyv?

I've read all the HP books except Azkaban now, and seen all four movies. My daughter has seen three of them; at 8, I don't think I'm going to let her see the 4th yet. The majority was okay, but the ending scenes... sorry.

Half-Blood Prince was great, BTW... far better than Order of the Phoenix in my book, and had me guessing until the end as to who was where and what was what. To avoid spoilage, I will only say that I read the end battle twice, to make sure I hadn't missed anything... sadly, I hadn't.

Had a lot of fun recently with opportunities for customer service. Our van had a minor transmission problem, and to shorten a long story, over $2000 and a rebuilt transmission later, we still had the same problem. The proprietor of the shop fixed it free of charge, but the van now smells like a shop (and if anyone's ever had one of those old cars, they know what I mean). And now it's clunking... possibly a brake issue, but possibly a transmission issue again.

And today, in another round of stellar wizardry, John the Wonder Plumber brought me not one, but

TWO

basement floods in the process of fixing my water heater. Errrrr... replacing is the correct word.... one flood at the start, and another at the end. I can forgive him the first... the second is on his dime. I now own a wet vac... purchased minutes after the second flood. He also was supposed to fix another leaky spot we have, which he did, and didn't charge us for. I figured he was feeling guilty about his two Noah performances... but not so. I got a call from the shop owner today asking me about the balance. I asked her if she knew what had happened today... since she didn't, I explained briefly and told her I was planning on calling her tomorrow after I'd had a chance to cool down and talk to her like an adult.

Should be interesting... many things going on now that have tremendous opportunities to frustrate me. Many. Frustrate. Exterminate. Exterminate! EXTERMINATE!!!

*wanders off like a certain pepper shaker, befuddled by stairs...*

*falls down them, followed by stares...*
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote