Thread: Merry Christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 09:19 PM   #5
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays. Picking a fight with a head-cold right now, and the symptom suppressants are having some un-fun side effects (drowsiness, delayed coordination, light-headedness). Had to skip a Christmas Eve dinner with my sister's future in-laws tonight, hopefully I'll be good to go by tomorrow, cuz they're coming here for the Christmas dinner.

Anywho, in an effort to reduce costs on gifting this year we've gone for a small 'secret santa' style exchange where my parents, brother, his wife, sister, her intended, and myself each drew names and had a $50 limit on the gift. Nieces, nephews, spouses, and couples are not restricted by the affore mentioned 'rules'.

Now we have deviled eggs (ironic on Christmas, no?), homemade cranberry sauce, apple pie, and cookies all done. Tomorrow we do homemade pumpkin pie, a large bird (18lbs), some out of the freezer appetizers, a pennsylvania dutch potatoe stuffing, and some other bits. If this head cold can break by tomorrow, I'll be very very happy.

On a side note, the seasonal work period is officially over, but my employers have decided to keep me on. Sadly, I'm losing anywhere from 5-10 hours off my schedule. If they can get me on something like a regular schedule, maybe I can fill in some of those days with a second job.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com

Last edited by Firestormalpha; 12-24-2011 at 09:27 PM.
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote