View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Default Re: High Court to consider ban on violent video-games in California?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivetyrant View Post
I assume that needs some context, surely kids in cali can't just go into a store and buy whatever rated games they want right?
Many stores in the US do have a policy regarding the sale of 'M' or 'Ao' rated games to minors, but there is no law prohibiting the sale (at least none that I am aware of). However, even in stores where the policy is to only sell such games to those 17+ years of age, the policy is not always enforced.

I think honestly it is the parents job to choose what they will get there children and what they will allow them to play in their own house. And if their children are overly aggressive
1) look at the games the play
2) look at their other media intake (music, movies, etc.)
3) look at their own parenting (many children will act out simply to get their parents attention, sometimes they're just mimicing their parents)
4) if they can't figure it out, go to a family counselor.

Media input does have an affect on childhood psychological development. Just to what degree, however, is debatable (as is my spelling). More so, parental input affects childhood development, or the lack thereof.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote