View Single Post
Old 09-25-2001, 05:03 PM   #35
Sorcerer Alex

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
I remember reading and posting in the BG2 forum and coming across this thread discussing whether we should get a general discussion forum so that we didn't clutter the BG2 pages with miscellaneous stuff. Back then, everyone mixed together. In fact, I think one of the fears was that if the Ironworks went to a general discussion forum, that there would be more separation between old and new forum members.

Personally, I couldn't find a decent walkthrough and stumbled upon the BG2 forum to help answer questions. As I got more familiar with the people here, I participated in more of the off topic threads.

Currently I am not playing any of the games featured on Ironworks, but I'm still here for the disucsison.

I think if you give newbies a chance, some will find that they really like the people here and they find a reason to stay. They end up in general discussion because this is home.

Very true, Father
When your new, you just have to participate and shove your nose in a bit. I was a lurker for at least six weeks before I even dared to come out of my shell. But I'm really glad I did

------------------