View Single Post
Old 05-30-2001, 07:17 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RudeDawg:
No worries, the god-mods here are the "fastest guns in the west". The whole site is one of the better moderated ones I've ever been on.

I think we should all just be alert, and ready to let the mods know if anything comes up.

Right...that's what we've got to do...self-policing has always been the strongest point on this board.

I remember when I first came to this board in either late October or early November. One of the first posts that was sitting in the middle of the board was something like "f***ing game sucks ****" or something like that and flames flying everywhere about it. I said "right-ho"; I'd seen enough boards like that, and didn't come back to Ironworks for three weeks. Finally, looking for a piece of information, I dared to stick my nose back in here again, just to see if I could look it up and then skedaddle without arousing the "beasts" here...and everyone was so wonderful and nice, I hardly knew it to be the same board! So I started posting here in late November, and thus that legend was born.

My point in bringing this up is how just one nasty inflammatory post can lose a potential new member who may have a treasure-trove to offer the board. It danged near lost me before I even got started. No telling what we lost potentially last week in GD. There are no winners in flame-wars, and only the innocent are hurt.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. For all we know, there may be good posters over there too who need a respite from all the BS.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote