View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: GWB farewll speech.

Really...wow? Not the word I would use after seeing the thing.

Horrible speech IMO. Just another pointless attempt by GW to fix his legacy the same way he "fixed" so many things over the last few years (economy, national security, education, federal emergency response-time, republican party, oh, and a war that nobody wanted... need I go on?) After all, he exits with such low approval ratings, mirrored only by the likes of Nixon. His legacy is already been long written and sealed.

I couldn't disagree more with your observations.

1. Whether or not there was an attack on the U.S. is hardly indicative of anything really. It's anyones guess when and where, the same way it was anyones guess before 9/11. I am hearing some media outlets (read: Fox) mention how "he kept us safe" all these years, and it reminds me of a student taking credit for a paper he didn't write but doing so because he knows nobody can prove it. Using the same logic described above, 9/11 actually happend on GWB's watch...so that can't be right, can it. What I do know is America is a lot more unpopular than it was before this man took office.

2. This one, when I first heard it, made me laugh."Though you may not agree with my decisions, at least agree that I made them". Of course you made them, you're the president, and are supposed to make them. The problem is they were bad decisions and that is why the nation can't wait to see you leave.

3. Id expect nothing else than to wish good fortune. It's the least he could do gracefully. And I agree, with the economy the way it is, his predecessor already has his hands full cleaning up GW's mess.

And yes, good diction and articulation. It seems we spent eight years teaching this man how to speak - they even invented a new term for his screw-ups and ancedotes "Bush-isms". At least he finally learned something.