View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 12:20 AM   #10
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Reading the letter found on the hawk's leg, Larry continues...
Quote:
My dearest Kaz,

Do not blame me for leaving you so soon after we became sisters. My heart is still with you, and I wish for more than anything else to be by your side at your time of need. But it cannot be; not for the moment, at least. I am too confused and afraid. Be assured that I do not run from you, my sister… no, I run from another. When my heart is settled, I shall follow you to the depths of the earth, if need be. I pray that you receive this letter once you emerge from the sea-elven palace. Mystra be with you always, Kaz. I know we will meet again soon. M.

Larry sat there for a long while...just looking at the letter, trying to decide what those particular words meant. He looks at his new comrade, then asks..."Why? What did I do wrong?"
The bird remained silent...looking at Larry with indifference.
At length, Larry realized that this hawk had somehow got down here in this place...this strange cavern.
"Will you please show me the way out of here?"

The bird immediately takes off, flying into the gloom. Larry rushes forth, only being able to hear the wing flaps of the magestic hawk. Wonders never cease, and Larry knew that he had been afforded a great blessing this day. He would not perish in the underdark afterall.