View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 05:23 PM   #31
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Q'alooaith:

Prot. from Evil works by the karma, undead have bad karma (violation the natural order of the world will do that to a person).. So rather than think of it as somone deciding to put a shield aganst who they think is evil, but as the caster opening a connection to some spritual plane..

Good and evil are subjective, you the DM are not.
I tend to disagree. By installing a karma based evil/good system or a good/evil system based on the DM-way of thinking, you basically say that were is an objective way of measuring morals. you say that one set of morals is better then every other set of morals and that those people who differ in opinion are to be considered evil. I refuse to implent such a rule in my world. I believe players should be able to chose their own set of morals, and though the ingame world may judge him for that, i dont think spells should. i think in all cases spells should lack any kind of morals and be indifferent to human ideas like good and evil.

Then again this is purely my opinion and any DM is free to set up their own world.