View Single Post
Old 09-11-2001, 02:58 PM   #37
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Billikins the Bold:
Firstly my condolences to all affected by this.

Whoever did this presumably had their own pilots along: I really can't see how you would get a pilot to crash into the world trade centre under duress: if he knew he was going to die, surely he'd ditch the plane in the river.

To me this highlights the possibility of state backing: finding four airline pilots would be difficult for a terrorist group. Could be wrong though: could be that four "pilots" were traind up to a minimal level. I just don't know.

As to Bush? Nah! Having said that (and I honestly don't believe, in a million years that he would even consider it) the finger of suspicion has long pointed at the Russian intelligence services in connection with the mysterious "Chechen" explosions that killed 100's of people in Russian tower blocks shortly before the second Chechen war that co-incidently saw Putin elected.

Pilot training is no great issue here, essentially the bombers only had to take control of the plane at the last minute, the pilots could be forced to fly to a location under the impression they would not be killed if they complied, and then the terrorist could fly the plane into the building. Essentially piltoing is only difficult on take off / landing and in adverse conditions, flying in good weather into a building is a low order skill. Navigating however is trickier

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger