View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 11:06 PM   #6
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Default Re: Icewind Dale NPCs Released

I couldn't resist and have subsequently already started Pritchke. I installed HoW+TotLM, Aurils-bane, the tweak pack and then the IWD NPC pack. I've just hit Dragon's Eye.

Massive kudos must go to Kulyok for the hard work on this project. It's concepts like this that really do extend the lifeline of the infinity engine and make replays of this great game feel fresh and new.

Here's the party I went for via the installation options. I probably prefer the greater range of choices available in the IWD2 NPC pack if I were to compare, but there's still enough range of playing styles possible for the main PC.

PC Conjuror (Kerithrion)
Holvir: Paladin
Nella: Fighter/Cleric
Korin: Cleric/Ranger
Teri: Thief (straight - but I may try reverse dualing to fighter at 13th)
Severn: Mage (although he is a bard)

I've never been one for multi-classing generally, so it has been quite a different sense of progress so far. I'm having fun and enjoying it, though the character/dialogue probably isn't quite as compelling as the IWD2 pack thus far. It's still fantastic however and I love anticipating the banter/dialogue options.

Again, thanks to Kulyok for inspiring me to install this ol' chestnut again.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote