View Single Post
Old 12-04-2001, 03:26 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

The Thief's Stronghold is currently my favourite, among the Mage/Sorcerer's, Bard's, Ranger's and Paladin's. I have not have had the Fighter's Stronghold yet, so I will reserve comment on that. In order of favourites,

Thief
Bard
Mage/Sorcerer
Ranger
Paladin

The reason why I like the Thief's stronghold, is because you get to micromanage a party of thieves who work under you and pay you a quota every 5 days. In turn, you need to pay Renal Bloodscalp a quota as well. It is like a business, and also, there are containers galore in the Thief's stronghold.

Bards also have a initially complex and fun stronghold. You get to fight, direct, manage and even act in an play. If you did your management correctly, you will earn 2000 Gps a week from your plays.

Regarding the apprentices for the Mage/Sorcerer's Stronghold, tell them to make the easiest items for the first two tests, then tell them not to make anything for their third and final test. This way, they will all survive. Your reward for their survival is that one of them will return to work for you and make 5 random potions for you per week.

Rangers have a log cabin, which is pretty cool if a bit far from Amn. I like the scenery for the Ranger's Stronghold and there are plenty of containers too.

Paladins have a pretty paltry stronghold, but their stronghold quests are some of the more interesting ones if highly combat intensive.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote