View Single Post
Old 09-25-2002, 04:26 AM   #17
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

BTW, I am going to FINALLY buy a good Digital Camera--Check it out here:

http://www.canoneos.com/d60/index.html

It's the Canon D60 (A Digital Camera that is SLR--means you can change lenses)
and It's a 6.3 Mega Pixel sucker, with tons of options!!

I will finally get some good pic's of Choc and even the Wedding Present many of you put together for us! (The Framed Plaque) As soon as I get it, I'll snap a few pics of it!! (Check the features out on this D60). The Camera 'pack' includes the Camera housing, case and stuff for $2100--this does NOT include a lens. (I was kinda shocked), but a simple 25-85mm is cheap.. It works with non digital cameras as well (lenses wise).

So look for some amazing pics--6.3 megapixels is as NEAR to 35mm quality you can get. I saw a nice Nikon, but it was only 4.3 MP.

This is a Camera the pro's use, so I'll also be using it to take pic's for a 'textures' cd--say I shot a pic of brick--bring it into Photoshop, clean it up, fix it to where it can be 'tiled' and seamless, and then, in a 3D Modeling program, apply the brick texture, and bam, instant house wall!

It should pay for itself once I sell some texture cd's!! www.marlinstudios.com is a friend of mine, check out HIS texture cd's--a few 100 textures for $300! (That is actually a good price)--Movie studios like Pixal have bought cd's from him to use in Monsters Inc!

Anyway, check it out, it's a sweet camera!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album