View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Upset Re: Anyone else NOT looking forward to playing a Panda?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOA View Post
The games been stale for a couple years and thats the best they can do?
I guess so. It has indeed been stale. Cata actually seemed to do have alot to do with it, despite its original purpose being to invigorate WoW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny View Post
A cuddly creature like a panda has little or no business in a world that consists of dragons, ogres, trolls, and other dark creatures imho.
Bah, people said that about Zeppelins, Rocket-ship mounts and jet boots. If I can put down land mines and throw bombs at people, then Pandarens ain't that much of a stretch. Remember, we have aliens from another planet whose ship crash-landed near Darkshore, and people seem to have adapted. And the Pandarens have been in previous Warcraft games.

Basically, Blizz being the masters of rip-off that they are, saw Kung-Fu Panda, knew immediately that half of their job had already been done for them and figured it a perfect time to introduce more Kung-Fu Pandas into their world. The animation was already done by Dreamworks aswell as the quirky details. From how they "Bounce" around (Panderen racial) to their love of food (another racial) to the various aspects used in the movie. It was a no-brainer.

I do like the addition of the Monk class. It sounds awesome. And, I like oriental factions if done properly. I am not looking forward to release and that starting-zone. Overall, expect more of the same.