View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 07:16 PM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Re: GWB farewll speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
But we're not. The US is here and the terrorists are there *points*. Saddam is dead as are tons of young american kids, tons of Iraqi's and their children too. Meanwhile, Bin Laden is releasing audio tapes and were still in Iraq fighting "the axis of evil". Please. Haliburton was over there faster than most troops, in their words to "Test the quality of Iraq's oil wells for the Iraqi people". How nice of them, to come all that way for free, just to test the oil quality of wells that they have nothing to do with.
I would not necessarily say 4 brigades of boots on the ground in Afghanistan is a non-presence. That number is going up soon after the new president comes on-board. The issue is dealing with neighboring countries who give lip service towards policy, but screams to the US media the moment a UAV guides a missile to target.

Quote:
Wow and most of those aren't even my beefs with him. Guess we can add these to the list. So you'd agree then, he has made many mistakes during his presidency and made more than a few bad decisions - enough to justify his horrid ratings and to seal his legacy as the man who got us into this mess. See, when he talks about making "tough decisions" even if people don't like them I start to think what is the value in making hard choices if the choices you make are consistently wrong? Even by your own view he dissapointed you, and some of the things you wrote wouldn't even be a priority to me personally, yet he managed to let you down too on many issues.

I do agree though that he was wrong about wall street being able to regulate itself and would also add about him being wrong that tax cuts were the answer to the recession.
Nobody is perfect, and yes he made a couple decisions that were not the best choice, but then again, what politician hasn't who has actually made a decision? To me, no action is worse than an action that may not be perfect, but can be changed and steered into a better choice, whereas in the former never even attempted to act.

Quote:
I remember it very clearly though, it did take him days to do anything significant. When he was asked why he didn't get out of the helicopter and talk with at least some of the people who lost everything, he said he thought it would be a distraction. Like these people who lost their homes and families have somewhere to be. He got down on 9/11 (I think it was 9/12) - why didn't he at least create a pretense of doing something?
Wow, you might want to recheck your memory banks. He was on Air Force One, returning back from a California politicking trip, which started from his Texas vacation home after he took a couple days off. Even ABC, CBS, and NBC said they could not land due to the flood waters, the closet airport to handle a plane that size and still in operation was then inaccessible by motor vehicle back to the flood zone. He flew onto DC, and put forth the measures to react. It took congress 48 hours to vote it into agreement, with many "pork barrels" in tact. During that time he made his visit back to LA, and was on the ground with the victims.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote