View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Re: GWB farewll speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Yes, he was dealt a horrible hand as far as 9/11 goes, but that can't be blamed on his predecessor unless it can be blamed on him too. If there was a lax approach to impending threat, then it was carried on in his term also. According to Condi Rice though, when she was questioned by the 9/11 comission, these threats were so frequent, that they began to become almost routine, like a dog with much bark and little bite. I don't begrudge Bush or blame him for it - it is anyones guess whether today they decide to attack or just continue threatening for another 8 years. But, I will certainly point out that to ignore all this, and to blindly blame his predecessor on something that no-one could accurately predict, is almost as retarded as blaming Bush for it in the first place.

As far as taking the fight into their lair. Well, you know how that goes. The terrorist group is still alive and well. He may have miscalculated or just read the map wrong but ended up in the wrong place - and still remains there.
From about summer of 1997 until January 20th 2001, the US placed a 'free' reign ransom on OBL. During that time there are "3" known occasions when a US SPEC-OP had him not only in spotting scope, but within the cross lines of his weapon. The call from clinton was hold fire. Also recall, a UAV had OBL and a large entourage located, it took over three hours to deliberate that the spot guided missile should "NOT" be fired. That event made international news, and should be available somewhere on the www. clinton had 4 opportunities and failed to make a decisive decision on any, Bush only had one opportunity, and we are still engaged in that fight.

Quote:
Elaborate. Briefly, tell me what you did not like.
I dislike the decision not to drill for oil off the US Gulf coast seaboard. Yet there are several foreign rigs just off the international water mark using the old slurpee-straw to extract our resources. Somebody (several Dems, not just GW) seems to think if we don't use it, it will be there, I guess satellite imaginary doesn't always work for everybody!

The bail-outs, should have never even been considered.

Not using total veto powers during the deregulation of the futures market, and then during the housing deregulation.

Not holding the Iraqi's responsible for their actions.

Not funding permanent military structures in Iraq like we have in Germany and Korea. My opinion as well as many others I associate with believe we should maintain a presence for several years to come.

Quote:
True, some people simply piled stuff on him. I personally feel there is enough substantial stuff to bitch about and work with rather than make stuff up. A spokesperson for Bush reecently said that around the time of Katrina was when his approval ratings dipped and that he never recovered from it as far as polls go. The stuff that came afterward which I listed above, didn't exactly help. To this day GW still says his reaction time to Katrina was "Pretty quick".
The pres was there within hours, the levy has been an issue for years, I blame the willfully ignorant for being there. I was just a young grasshopper in my birth place of Tampa, FL. when Camille came through, it seems to me if it happened once, it could happen again. Parts of LA are literally below sea-level. What does one do? Completely bulldoze what is there, add tons of cubic feet of seabed and raise the entire area? Or just keep throwing federal many at the problem and hope it goes away like many before him, and more than likely, many after will do. Politicians who don't want something to happen add "pork barrels" to legislation before it is acted upon, many gave real service, many more gave the pen! That is something that may need to be overhauled. To blame GW without blaming the ones who stalled is just as ignorant as believing he caused the event in the first palce.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote