Dungeon Master

My party is as follows

Human Paladin -- Heavy Crossbows
Dwarf Fighter/Cleric -- Sling
Halfling Fighter/Thief -- Short Bow
Human Bard -- Light Crossbow
Half Elf Druid -- Sling
Elf Fighter/Mage -- Long Bow

I mention only ranged weapons since I do most killing with them. I am up to Dragon's Eye 3rd level and all I can say is WOOHOO !!.
I can severely hurt or kill most baddies with a barage of missle fire before they close in. Goblins have low hit points and die fast, Zombies and Yuan-ti are slow to close distance and thus get hammered without much harm to me. Lets not forget those pesky Blast Skeletons either best kill them from a far. For things like trolls, I do one full party missle fire then have my Dwarf and Paladin do the melee while the rest do missile fire. This way only two characters need healing. Spells like Web and Stinking Cloud do a great job to hinder a swarm of baddies coming at you all the while missle fire rips them apart. If you have Heart of Winter installed, the new spells for Druids are great!! He's got more spell casting offensive punch which makes him play like a Cleric/Fighter/Mage all in one package. Spells like Sunscorch, Alicorn Horn, Moonbeam Wall .... Too many Cold Wights coming at you ?? Drop a Moonbeam Wall in front of your party and POW!! 5d10 damage to undead !!

Sure it may seem hard on experience when you have 6 characters and 3 are multi class kinda like have 9 but I am at 3rd level Dragon Eye and my lowest I believe 5/6 highest 8 level character. And ya I had to reload a few times for battles that went down the tubes but in all missile fire works well when all six guys target one poor soul...