Thread: Need Ipod Help
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Need Ipod Help

Interesting conversation with an Apple rep at a nearby store. After looking at that link and also checking RadioShack and Apple online, I saw online that Apple wants me to enter some kind of plan where I send them the dead Ipod and they send me a replacement refurbished one or whatever. I called the local store and she basically said the same thing...That batteries are not typically carried in-store and that I'd need to set up an iCare appointment to come in and see what could be done and if it needed to be shipped away. I am thinking...WTF? Is this how Apple wants to run their business? I ask for a damn battery and they want me to set up an appointment as if this were a stupid doctor visit so they can send my property off to be replaced by somebody else's piece of junk? And the plan is like $59 or some crap. She said that the battery might not be the issue, that unused Ipods can suffer "atrophy" or whatever, basically meaning that they just die from lack of use. Well, I am sure it's the battery since the music is still there when power is fed from the USB connect.

Stupid Apple. I can't understand why so many people like Apple products. They run their operation by restricting what you can do with your own property as though you don't really own it and trying to make the most money from you by trying to convince you that you're not capable of changing a freaking battery on your own and that they have to manage that for you. Stupid stupid stupid.

Thanks for that link to the iRepair website. I'll be buying that $10 battery.